Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kelly Clarkson - If I Can't Have You

Kelly Clarkson – If I Can't Have You

Ah the guilty pleasure.


I've been a fan of Kelly Clarkson since the beginning. And yet I have yet to make it through an entire episode of American Idol. Weird.

It was her 3rd single, “Low” that got me.


Could be her voice, maybe seeing her tight Aerosmith t-shirt (I'm male, what can I say), but I got hooked


I'm not going to pretend she's some amazing artist and that she doesn't have a committee of writers and producers behind. I will she is a solid and professional performer. She's out to sell a product and she does it well. Her music may be bubble gum pop but she not trying to some across as Radiohead or Feist. She's a Pop artist, pure and simple. And whether or not you like her music, you can respect her as a performer.

My wife and I went to her concert a few months back and I'm not ashamed to say I had a great time. She puts on a good solid, pop rock concert. Great band, awesome voice and in the end, it was just about the music. There was no flashy laser show, no back up dancers or crazy choreography, just her, the band and the audience. And everyone was into it. She sang all of her hits, and threw in a couple cover songs. (Patsy Cline and White Stripes) You could tell she really enjoyed what she does and I think in the end that's what matters. She loves to perform and her audience loves to watch her sing.

1 comment:

  1. You have the worst taste in music I've ever seen. You try to act all "deep" about these songs, but they're awful. Are Tom Cochrane or Roxette next on the list?

    ReplyDelete