Thursday, August 5, 2010

Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me



I miss 80's hair

Speaking of movies...

I was at the movie theatre the other day, watching Salt (thumbs up), and as per usual, there was a couple people behind me that thought it was alright to hold a conversation. I managed to control my rage for the first half, occasionaly looking over my shoulder and glaring daggers at them, hoping they would get the hint. Eventually I couldn't take it so I turned around, shushed loudly and returned to watch the movie. I didn't hear anything for the remainder of the movie so I was satisfied my point was made.

As we were leaving the theatre, the woman I shushed gave me the finger. Seriously. A grown woman, I'm guessing mid 40's, thought an appropriate response for being told to stop talking in a theatre was to regress to a 9 year old and give me the finger. I was floored, I didn't know what to say.

It's not the first time I've had to tell people to stop talking at a a movie theatre. It's becoming a regular event and I'm getting used to it. Most people will apologize and hopefully learn something. This time... well I guess we've reached a point were people think it's their right to talk in a theatre, and anyone who tells them to be quiet is obviously a jerk. And to have such a childish response... I really don't understand how she thought she was in the right.


Humanity makes my brain hurt.

1 comment: